Tuesday, September 25, 2007

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

The real danger of the Democratic party refusing to lead-

I was going to write something about the tempest over Ahmadinejad's visit to New York and how the media have bought the administration's push for war hook line and sinker but what would be the point? The Administration can do whatever it wants including a war with Iran because the Democrats will just roll over.

Then I was going to write something about the Treasury Department's report on Social Security which is clearly another attempt by the Boy King to try and kill the program but what would be the point? The Democrats don't have 60 votes in the Senate so clearly Social Security is at the mercy of the Republicans.

In fact it's hard to find anything that I personally think is worth fighting for right now. My squad is the Washington Generals and rooting for them or giving them pointers or expecting them to put points on the board is pointless.

I can't motivate myself to support losers and the things I care about politically are too damn important to watch jackasses go through the motions barely pretending they care.

Screw 'em. I'm going to blog about sports, movies and Star Trek for a while. Sorry CB.

3 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

The DLC is a sect of the corporatists that rule the Republican party and all of the DemPrez frontrunners are part of this organization. Getting rid of them is the only way to save the Democrats and possibly America. And even though I disagree with them on many issues, the paleoconservatives are the only hope for the Republican party.

When it gets to be too much, it is important to remember that there is more to life than politics.

Swinebread said...

We are already screwed so it matters little at this point.

Dean Wormer said...

don-

I know. I'm forcing myself to read the comics again in the paper which I haven't done for 20 years.

I just want the world to be a better place when I get older and it seems to be continually heading in the wrong direction.