Friday, October 31, 2008

There was howling just a minute ago.

Happy Halloween y'all!

For me this Halloween is bittersweet and, truth be told, I'm feeling a little old. My youngest hurt his knee at football practice a couple of weeks ago so this will be the first Halloween in fifteen years that I won't be trick or treating with my kids. Jesus, life moves fast.

On the other hand this holiday in celebration of all things scary is actually a day of hope. Our long, eight year nightmare meets the beginning of the end next Tuesday. That warms my heart.

Just a reminder: remember to check any apples you get trick or treating for razor blades. I've heard that warning since I was a kid.

9 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

There has never been a documented case of a razor blade being inserted in an apple and given to a child as a Halloween treat.

Dean Wormer said...

Well,sure "documented." Duh.

If you can't believe an urban legend what can you believe?

Next thing you know you're going to tell me there are no alligators in the sewers or the Richard Gere hamster story was fake. I may be gullible but I'm not gullible enough to disbelieve THOSE stories.

Randal Graves said...

My distant cousin got eaten by an alligator once. Either that or abducted by aliens. Or maybe alien alligators. Or she gave birth to an alligator. Or a bat.

Don Snabulus said...

I like bats.

Fran said...

I was giving out glasses of wine to the little kids. They spat it out though.

Swinebread said...

The razor-blades in the apples is the best part!

Thomas Fummo said...

I did absolutely nothing last night, except draw.

I was gonna watch Evil Dead 2 with dad but he fell asleep infron of 'Speed' on BBC1.
I watched the end of Speed.
felt urge to kill Keanu Reeves.

Then I gave birth to an alien alligator bat with a knife stuck in it's head.

Anonymous said...

Our long, eight year nightmare meets the beginning of the end next Tuesday. That warms my heart.

Time to press the advantage and make it clear that the 'real America' is the one that believes in opportunity, not opportunity for the top 2% because some GOP hack tells you that they're more deserving.

Ubermilf said...

An alligator with an apple imbedded with a razor blade was found in Richard Gere's anus one year.