Friday, March 16, 2007

May I be frank?

All in all I'd say this is a pretty good list of movies that make guys cry. Speaking for myself, and as someone who you all already recognize as muy macho, here are some of the flicks that choke me up personally-

Saving Private Ryan - Sure the "earn this" part is emotional but when I saw it in the theater I was sniffling in the first five minutes. The old Ryan heading up to the monument at Normandy where his much younger family is smiling like they're heading to Disneyland and you can see the fear and reluctance and memories begin to weigh on him just gets me.

Stranger than Fiction - I just saw this film but the part where Will Ferrell finally picks up the guitar and starts singing and the near picture perfect ending were hard not to cry through.

Amelie - A movie like Stranger than Fiction where life is reaffirmed at the ending. Seeing Amelie finally find somebody and watching her ride through the streets of Paris on the back of his motorcycle are the parts that move me.

Field of Dreams - I don't even like baseball. It's the idea of tossing a ball around with dad that gets me. I think that all of us as adults would rather be doing that.

The Gold Rush - I can't watch Chaplin dreaming of entertaining his love and her friends and doing the Dance of the Dinner Muffins without crying.

The Shawshank Redemption - Another perfect ending where hope wins out and so do the hankies.


1 comment:

Swinebread said...

Ah dude it's not cool to be a sensitive guy anymore... but I did almost cry when I went and saw the new Star Wars.