Wednesday, November 29, 2006

How can all these things happen to just one person?

Of all the excuses posited to explain away the 18,000 undervotes in District 13, Florida the weakest has to be the "intentional decision by voters to skip this race." As someone who has voted in every election since I was 18 I can say the only races I might intentionally skip are those down-ballot like judgeships in which I might not know a lot about the candidates. On the high-profile congressional and gubernatorial votes it always comes down to the lesser of two evils.


(The "Bringing up Baby" quote was for Aaron. Probably the best of the great screwball comedies, IMHO.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks brother. And yeah, Bringing Up Baby is a great one.

And I vote in the uncontested races. I've received dozens of votes over the years for all sorts of offices in Oregon and Washington.

Don Snabulus said...

Florida = Crap

Dean Wormer said...

I'm just suggesting that the national races aren't what voters normally skip when voting in a national election.

Dean Wormer said...

Florida = Crap

Except for Joey Harrington, of course.

;-)

Don Snabulus said...

Except for Joey Harrington, of course.

As a childhood fan of the Dolphins, I will grant you a Joey exemption.