Monday, September 18, 2006

Can you teach me to football, coach?


I'm kicking myself for turning off the Duck game half way through the fourth quarter. Apparently I missed one of the greatest finishes in college football history. Although it's not without controversy. The last minute onside kick being the focus of Oklahoma fans ire leading to claims they were robbed.

What's ironic is that part of the reason I turned the game off was that the calls (and non-calls) were going against the Ducks and I didn't see how they could pull it out. What's funny is that I didn't need to see some sort of conspiracy, or bias of the refs or whatever. I've been watching college ball long enough to realized dems the breaks, irritating as they may be.

But it seems to me more than a little bit hypocritical to whine about an admittedly horrible call on the onsides kick without also complaining about the blatant push-off that the Oklahoma receiver used to score a touchdown in the third quarter, or the fumble that really wasn't when Stewart was clearly down - both game changing momentum-breaking plays.

It was poorly called for more than just the last two minutes.

3 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Go Ducks! The Beavers also did not lose this week. All in all, a good week for football.

Dean Wormer said...

Did not losing is better than the other thing!

Overdroid said...

Football = BORING.