Here are just a couple of things I'm thankful for--
- The great community of bloggers including Randal, Ubermilf, Fran, Zaius, don, ladybug, Hypatia, Swinebread, Liberality, Jess, Lockwood, Enigma, Arkonbey, Comicsalltooreal, BAC, Pilar, Monkey Von, Thoughtcriminal, Pissed off Patricia, mwb and all the rest of the authors of blogs I love to read on a daily basis even if I don't get to write something in the comments section to let you know I stopped by. Thanks you guys for the stimulating my brain and making me spit out coffee on more than one occasion.
- Tempura. Especially when it wraps itself around prawns before taking a high dive into a vat of boiling oil. Thank you Tempura, you are delicious.
- My very patient, very cool wife who not only puts up with my geek crap but doesn't say anything when I geek-ify the kids. Thanks hon.
- My kids. You've given me exponentially more laughs than tears. To be honest I didn't think that would be the case before you were born. Thanks. I love you guys.
- For adventurers of the past and future. Not just the guys that crawled into a four-foot cabin to be rocketed to the moon, but the smaller adventurers as well. The people that said to themselves "that looks interesting. Why don't I dry it out and smoke it" or "yes, that fungus grows on the floor of forest but perhaps with a little garlic and butter it would be good eats." Thanks for taking chances guys.
- John Williams and Ennio Morricone who have scored some of my favorite flicks. Thanks for being geniuses.
Finally, I would like to thank George W. Bush. Without his breathtaking incompetence, dimwitted sensibility and complete inability to to apply rational thought it might not have been possible for the United States to take a giant step forward and show the world the REAL principles that define this great nation. Thanks George.