I guess it's my fate lately to correct media headlines-
Bush slashes aide's jail sentenceITV.com, UK - 52 minutes agoPresident Bush has reduce the sentence given to former vice presidential aide Lewis "Scooter" Libby for obstructing a CIA leak investigation. ... Bush Commutes Libby Prison SentenceCBS News, NY - 53 minutes ago(AP) President Bush commuted the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby on Monday, sparing him from a 2 1/2-year prison term that Bush ... Bush commutes Libby sentenceBaltimore Sun, United States - 58 minutes agoBy Ben Feller AP WASHINGTON // President Bush spared former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby from a 2 1/2-year prison term in the CIA leak case ... Bush Commutes Libby's Prison Term in CIA Leak Case (Update2)Bloomberg - 58 minutes agoBy Edwin Chen July 2 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush commuted Lewis ``Scooter'' Libby's 2 1/2-year prison sentence in the CIA leak case, ... Bush commutes Libby sentenceSan Jose Mercury News, USA - 1 hour agoBy MATT APUZZO AP Writer Former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, leaves federal court in Washington in this May 16, 2006 file photo. ... Statement by the PresidentSeattle Times, United States - 1 hour agoThe United States Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit today rejected Lewis Libby's request to remain free on bail while pursuing his appeals for the serious ... Bush lets top aide out of jailMelbourne Herald Sun, Australia - 1 hour agoBy staff writers and wires US President George W. Bush has commuted a 30-month jail term handed down on former top White House aide, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, ... Bush commutes Libby prison sentenceSalt Lake Tribune, United States - 1 hour agoBy Matt Apuzzo AP Posted: 3:57 PM- WASHINGTON - President Bush commuted the sentence of former aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby Monday, sparing him from a 2 ... Bush commutes prison term of 'Scooter' LibbyToronto Star, Canada - 1 hour agoAP WASHINGTON – US President George W. Bush has spared former White House aide I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby from a two-and-a-half-year prison term. ... Bush statement on Libby order commuting his sentenceSan Diego Union Tribune, United States - 1 hour agoAP President Bush's statement on Monday in sparing former White House aide I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby from a 2½-year prison term: The United States Court of ... Bush commutes Libby prison sentenceLos Angeles Times, CA - 1 hour agoFrom AP WASHINGTON -- President Bush commuted the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby today, sparing him from a 21/2-year prison ...
Thanks to Swinebread's tag I have to reveal 8 random facts about myself. I'm not sure what would happen if I don't (hole in the time space continuum? Bush gets third term?) but the consequences are just too unfathomable for me not to take up the challenge.
1) I like Westerns. This is a horrible secret I've only recently come to terms with.
2) My college thesis was on the book What is Philosophy? by Jose Ortega y Gasset.
3) I'm a Duck so it's to my shame that I have Beaver blood running through me and occasionally find myself rooting for their teams.
4) I cheated at Dungeons and Dragons as a kid. I never really "played up" my 30th level bard. Sorry Western Oregon Wargamers.
5) I've volunteered on several political campaigns but it's been years since I have had the time.
6) I once killed a bear with my bare hands. I pummeled him to death while his buddy in the hat and tie made off with my pic-i-nic basket.
7) I've been seriously addicted to coffee since I was eighteen and working in a warehouse.
8) The first girl I ever kissed was from Canada. Nobody believed that story.
Now I tag Overdroid. I know he won't respond because as Swiney mentioned he hates these things but I think it'd just give him an excuse to update his site.