Thoughts on the Superbowl-
- The old cliche that "defense wins football games" was certainly true yesterday.
- Along those lines I realize it's pretty much a given that the quarterback of the winning team in the Superbowl will be named MVP and Eli Manning certainly played great but, for my money, that recognition should've probably gone to Giants DE Justin Tuck who had 2 sacks and 6 tackles or DE Michael Strahan who had 1 sack and 3 tackles. These guys seemed to be everywhere.
- That fourth quarter reception by Plaxico Burress and Manning's scramble away from the certain sack that preceded it was one for the ages.
- The game was fun and the commercials were blah. Who would've thunk it?
- I DID enjoy the Bridgestone commercials featuring the screaming squirrel and the screaming Richard Simmons. The Coke commercial featuring duelling balloons was also cute.
- A great game like that was fun to watch. What made it even better was watching it with family and friends that I love. :)