Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

While I'm on the subject of annoying fish-people with voices like nails on a chalkboard: how about that Bill Gates?

Windows Vista might the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for this longtime Windows/ PC owner. It appears Microsoft basically caved to everything the MPAA and recording industry wanted. So now I get to pay for the privilege of not being able to use all the media files I might have stored on my hard drive. And this is a huge step forward how exactly?

As I can't see switching to Mac I might have to bite the bullet and go Linux. I seem to know a few people who've been singing it's praises for some time now...

4 comments:

Swinebread said...

Mac and Linux can talk to each other...

and why not Mac? Price?

Don Snabulus said...

I like Windows 2000. I just bought a PC and downgraded it to Win2k. It is my way.

Dean Wormer said...

I like your idea, don.

I made build again even though I was planning on buying already assembled.

I want a software package I just don't want that OS.

Dean Wormer said...

and why not Mac? Price?

I work with PCs.

Until the office goes Mac I'll keep my home computer the same, if that makes sense.

I do occasionally work at home.