Monday, August 14, 2006

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.


I'm a little late for the party, but if you haven't seen "V for Vendetta" yet I'd recommend you pick it up as soon as your can get your grubby little fingers on it. I watched it this weekend and it simply blew me away. It's not a perfect film but it has many, many moments of perfection within it and it's subversive as hell for these times. I can't think of a recent film that came close to capturing the importance of "small d" democracy and the dangers of a government willing to fear to bring the people in line.

At one point V opines: "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Indeed.

No comments: