Monday, October 22, 2007

My mind is my own, and nobody's going to change it! I'm not going into that room!

A little upbeat Monday quote from an essay my oldest just wrote on patriotism:

"I love the people in this country. The facts are that if you're drowning a stranger will save you, if you need blood people will donate it for you, if there's a war someone will fight for you to make your life safer. These people do these things and many more for you everyday without even having to know you. These people make up this countries's personality. They make this country glow with a kindness that seems surreal. As a teen what I've noticed is that giving back and thanking these great people, these fellow Americans even just cheering them on defines patriotism. These people have inspired me to become a patriot and work harder on becoming a better one. This is the thing that has influenced me the most. "Kind words may be short but their echoes are endless."- Mother Teresa"

5 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Wow, that is some good work and deep thinking from such a young person. Good job! She's my kind of patriot.

Dean Wormer said...

Yeah, I'm pretty proud of her.

;-)

Overdroid said...

Better keep her away from the Tea, you don't want her to turn into a hippy.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive and inspiring. She could teach David Reinhard a thing or two about writing(and thinking).

Dean Wormer said...

OD -Too late.

Aaron - I don't think anybody could teach Reinhard about thinking. Just not in his blood.