Friday, May 01, 2009

But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life.

I was going to post this over at Atomic Romance but I don't think it would be appropriate to bump the somewhat somber post Swiney put up this morning. Head over there if you have a second and let him know you're thinking about him and his sick son.

Just a reminder that tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day. If you have a comic shop in your neighborhood they're most likely participating. It means exactly what it says: they're giving away a bunch of free comics created specifically for this yearly event.

If you have kids who like comics even a little bit I'd encourage you to participate in this. You can't beat the price and it's a lot of fun. Many shops have local artists come out to talk about their work and sign autographs.

I'm going going to be hitting a couple of shops myself but only after my oldest daughter and I watch the special screening of Star Trek I won tickets for last week. I don't mean to rub it in but I get to see the movie before everyone else except Steve, who already saw a screener and said it was good.

When I get to Free Comic Book Day I'm going to grab an issue of this free book...



Doesn't that look fun?

So, to sum up-- keep Swinebread in your thoughts, go to Free Comic Book Day by any means necessary and I'm seeing Star Trek before the rest of you rubes, not that I'm bragging about it or anything. This will be absolutely the last you'll hear from me on Star Trek other than the little review I'll write up this weekend which will be no tribble at all.

Sorry.

Live long and prosper.

Sorry.

Dean

5 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Record store day, free comic day. Hey, Murka, stop having this shit on Saturdays, some of us slack for pay for a living!

Alterna-zombies? Where are the emo-zombies? No, we need some bourgeois-zombies. If you don't give me that chardonnay, I will eat your BRAAIIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSS!

Enjoy the Trek, you heartless bastard.

Dean Wormer said...

Sorry you have to work/ slack on Saturdays and miss all the fun stuff. But at least it's a library so that's where all the action is anyways.

So you got that going for you, which is nice.

Don Snabulus said...

I'll be seeing it in Philly next week. Enjoy! I hope it is great.

Dr. Zaius said...

I shall have to miss Free Comic Book Day as well. **sigh**

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how pervasive digital memory has become in our every day lives. It's like everytime I turn my head, I see something with a card slot or USB jack . I guess it makes sense though, considering how much cheaper memory has become lately...

Ahhh... I shouldn't be moaning and groaning. I can't get by a day without my R4 / R4i!

(Posted from WhatPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)