Friday, March 07, 2008

Well, snap out of it!

I was happy to realize that the little tickle at the back of my brain wasn't an aneurysm, but that I had instead been tagged somewhere on the great wide internets.

The nature of this evil is to list 7 random things about yourself that people might not know. As I only loosely consider those with whom we interact on the web as "people" I think that leaves me pretty open to share a couple of things about me that friends and family already take for granted.

1) I play the bagpipes. Badly. I have a beautiful set of Shepherd's that I get out at each of my three kid's birthdays which I use to noisily wake them up.

2) I went to Catholic grade school and high school and briefly entertained thoughts of being a priest including spending some time at the local seminary when I was thinking about college.

3) I've had a crush on Barbara Eden since I was twelve.

4) I've been shot at. It was in high school and involved camping with a bunch of buddies, alcohol and a rifle. We beat the crap out of the guy that did it.

5) I still consider my best friend from when I was 10 years old to me my best friend even though we talk about once a year. Families and all...

6) Favorite candy: orange slices. Pure sugar, baby.

7) I've actually been afraid to write this because I'm not sure it's not illegal and the whole FISA thing makes me nervous. When you-know-who was visiting my city I went down to watch the protests and such during lunch and wound up in the odd situation of having his motorcade stop right by the corner I was standing on. I gave him the finger. It must've looked odd with all the protesters marching around and there's me in a tie and slacks showing him the bird. I'm actually pretty proud of that moment.

I'll ding Snabulus, West Coast Walker, Swinebread, Overdroid and

11 comments:

ladybug said...

Love the finger! I will now worship it!

You can badly play the bagpipes to wake up the Beaniac...especially when she's doin' a sleep over.

I give my expresss permission!

Overdroid said...

I wish I had a picture of that.

I mean you being shot at. :P

Don Snabulus said...

Yikes, I am 2 tags down. I'd best get moving...

Dean Wormer said...

Ladybug-

There is a certain joy to the pipes. Even when played badyly. That's why they use them in war.

Overdroid-

I bet you would.

Don-

You're it.

Randal Graves said...

Dude, bagpipes are fucking cool. Thanks for playing and it's been nice knowing you. I hope they take you to one of the nicer black sites with TWO kinds of fruit!

Anonymous said...

"I still consider my best friend from when I was 10 years old to me my best friend even though we talk about once a year. Families and all..."

Ditto, mio fratello.

Westcoast Walker said...

I am honored to be tagged by you and your fine publication - my post will commence shortly.

Also, giving the finger to a force of utter evil and incompetence is your patriotic duty - you have served your nation well! Canada's beloved late Prime Minster Pierre Trudeau had a knack for flipping the bird at the press, or anyone who pissed him off on a given day. This makes it a valid form of political discourse in my mind.

Dean Wormer said...

randal-

Look forward to it. :)

Aaron-

Glad you saw that.

Westcoast-

Don't feel like you have to.

It's funny that I've been actually afraid to put that incident involving the motorcade in writing. There's actually a lot more to the story and it seemed like it was fate that put me five feet away from chimp, so it's kind of weird how it worked out.

Let's not forget he likes to give people the finger himself.

Arkonbey said...

Bagpipes? Coolness (the joke goes: you play them badly? who can tell?).

When I lived in Portland, ME, there was a bagpiper who'd stand in the middle of the roof of a parking garage every weekday at lunch. Bagpipes = cool. Bagpipes echoing around city streets = cooler.

So, you had a crush on Barbara Eden since you were twelve? That makes you different how? ;)

Freida Bee said...

I am soososo jealous. I wish I could give Bush the finger and I don't mean that in some sort of hot lesbianic way.

Dean Wormer said...

Arkon-

Yeah, the pipes are right up there with the accordion for annonying instrument factor. That's why they're perfect for waking up kids at 5:00 a.m.

As for Barbara - Shhhhhh. My spouse may be reading this.

Freida-

Ha! Well, there's plenty of him to go around. Hopefully the opportunity will present itself.