I was happy to realize that the little tickle at the back of my brain wasn't an aneurysm, but that I had instead been tagged somewhere on the great wide internets.
The nature of this evil is to list 7 random things about yourself that people might not know. As I only loosely consider those with whom we interact on the web as "people" I think that leaves me pretty open to share a couple of things about me that friends and family already take for granted.
1) I play the bagpipes. Badly. I have a beautiful set of Shepherd's that I get out at each of my three kid's birthdays which I use to noisily wake them up.
2) I went to Catholic grade school and high school and briefly entertained thoughts of being a priest including spending some time at the local seminary when I was thinking about college.
3) I've had a crush on Barbara Eden since I was twelve.
4) I've been shot at. It was in high school and involved camping with a bunch of buddies, alcohol and a rifle. We beat the crap out of the guy that did it.
5) I still consider my best friend from when I was 10 years old to me my best friend even though we talk about once a year. Families and all...
6) Favorite candy: orange slices. Pure sugar, baby.
7) I've actually been afraid to write this because I'm not sure it's not illegal and the whole FISA thing makes me nervous. When you-know-who was visiting my city I went down to watch the protests and such during lunch and wound up in the odd situation of having his motorcade stop right by the corner I was standing on. I gave him the finger. It must've looked odd with all the protesters marching around and there's me in a tie and slacks showing him the bird. I'm actually pretty proud of that moment.
I'll ding Snabulus, West Coast Walker, Swinebread, Overdroid and
‘Mile 22’ Trilogy Coming From Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg
11 minutes ago