Monday, April 30, 2007

Say hello to my little friend.

Did you catch this article in yesterday's Big O on gun policies on college campuses? I especially like the kid they profile who carries a pistol with him to classes.


Utah allows guns on college campuses

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Brent Tenney says he feels pretty safe when he goes to class at the University of Utah, but he takes no chances. He brings a loaded 9 mm semiautomatic with him every day.

"It's not that I run around scared all day long, but if something happens to me, I do want to be prepared," said the 24-year-old business major, who has a concealed-weapons permit and takes the handgun everywhere but church.

Hmmm. Utah + Pistol + Business major = Somebody's compensating for something.

4 comments:

ladybug said...

No kidding, plus I'd love to see just one drunken frat pary ANYWHERE in the good ol' USA w/guns involved.

"Eet'll bee a reglar forth of Joo-lie" as Incest-da-cadans might say.

Hope the gun nuts like what they're dishin' out to fellow Americans... it seems a meal best served cold.

Swinebread said...

To me owning guns and carrying them around is like owning an SUV or especially a Hummer: Me Me Me Me Me!

Dean Wormer said...

Xactly.

I was thinking about a similar article I read off of google where campus police are requesting the right to carry firearms at a bunch of college campuses.

To me campus police is one step up from crossing guard and a few steps below rent-a-cop.

I can't imagine just any clown like the guy in this article packing heat to school.

To me owning guns and carrying them around is like owning an SUV or especially a Hummer: Me Me Me Me Me!

If you have yesterday's paper check out the picture of that guy's gun. Tell me it's concealed.

Don Snabulus said...

Consider the VT situation...Having a gun makes you a target. Who do you think a crazed gunman bent on killing is going to shoot first? Probably the dude with a gun trying to stop him.

If people are that concerned about campus shootings, Kevlar is a must-have fashion accessory. My belief is that even without guns in America, we have some serious masculinity issues and a bunch of pipe bombs can kill and terrorize more effectively than the gun.

We have a cultural problem amongst our male population and very little effort is being made to address it. School shootings are only one facet of it.

Nonetheless, if we can't drink until age 21, then I am not sure why we would be given deadly weapons at 12. Hmmm.