Happy President's Day!
I'm a little late with this but work's been nuts. Here's a little President's quotation game. Name the President quoted below and the movie/ television show the quote's from.
A couple of hints-
- The President need not be real. He could be only the product of the fevered imagination of a screenwriter.
- Hollywood likes to show the President doing more than sitting around or giving speeches. The quotes aren't limited to political dramas.
I'll post the answers in a couple of days.
1. Only when you've been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is on top of the highest mountain.
2. Leon, somewhere in Libya right now, a janitor's working the night shift at Libyan Intelligence headquarters. He's going about doing his job... because he has no idea, in about an hour he's going to die in a massive explosion. He's just going about his job, because he has no idea that about an hour ago I gave an order to have him killed. You've just seen me do the least presidential thing I do.
3. I saw... its thoughts. I saw what they're planning to do. They're like locusts. They're moving from planet to planet... their whole civilization. After they've consumed every natural resource they move on... and we're next. Nuke 'em. Let's nuke the bastards.
4. I like Grant, he takes what we give him, and he doesn't ask for the moon.
5. Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I have you here. I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She's a Georgetown sophomore, speaks fluent Italian, always cleared the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be? While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff Leo McGarry insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police? Here's one that's really important because we've got a lot of sports fans in this town: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother John for planting different crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads? Think about those questions, would you? One last thing: while you may be mistaking this for your monthly meeting of the Ignorant Tight-Ass Club, in this building, when the President stands, nobody sits.
6. I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad.
7. Shhhh. We're keeping that on the QT. We're calling it "secret mission to go in and get the guys captured last time."
8. There is no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy; there is nothing good in war except it's ending.
9. Get off my plane!
10. The people will die regardless. But this duck still has a fighting chance.