Monday, August 21, 2006

But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.

Of all the things I find annoying about George W. Bush (it's a long list,) probably the single biggest irritant is when he goes into "lecture mode." I tried to listen to a bit of his Press Conference just now and just couldn't get past the finger wagging and assumption that Americans are just as stupid as Bush himself.

“I hear a lot of talk about civil war. I’m concerned about that, of course, and I’ve talked to a lot of people about it. And what I’ve found from my talks are that the Iraqis want a unified country. And that the Iraqi leadership is determined to thwart the efforts of the extremists and the radicals,” Bush said. - MSNBC 8/21

Imagine the above only in Bush's voice speaking as if he was trying to explain the Theory of Gravity to a toddler.

I simply can't stand it. It's like being lectured on geopolitics by Barney the Purple Dinosaur. It's like having Forrest Gump slowly explain quantum physics. It's just... wrong.

No comments: