Friday, March 20, 2009

(Quote to be inserted later.)


Help! I can't pick the appropriate "Real Genius" quote to use as a title for this post on this laser story.

"Ok… they’re not actually phasers, but we are going to be seeing some seriously big honking lasers. Northrop Grumman has apparently broken one of the technological barriers to development and built a laser with more than 100 kW output which should pretty much fry anything in its sights."


Here are the contenders...

A) "It's a chemical laser but in solid, not gaseous, form. Put simply, in deference to you, Kent, it's like lasing a stick of dynamite."



B) "Let's just take a step back. No, I was wrong, I'm sorry, take a step forward. Now, take a step back. Step forward. Back. And then we're cha-cha-ing!"



C) "Sir, let me take this moment to compliment you on your fashion sense, particularly your slippers."



D) "You, huh? Well you won't get away with this. Doctor Hathaway's gonna hear all about this. You'll rue the day!"



E) "OK, if you think that by threatening me, you can get me to be your slave, well... that's where you're right, but - and I'm only saying this because I care - there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing."



I know most of those have nothing to do with the story, I just like the quotes. Vote early and vote often!

8 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Don't forget:

I'm sorry. It's just that I didn't want you guys to think I was stuffy. You know, no fun. All brain no penis.

Or:

Your mom puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?

Dr. Zaius said...

I love popcorn, especially in bulk.

dguzman said...

I don't remember the exact words, but I love it when Chris asks Mitch to taste that beakerful of stuff, and he does, and Mitch asks what it is, to which Chris replies, "I don't know. I found it in one of the labs..." and after Mitch freaks, he says, "relax, it's just yogurt" with that funny little smile.

Great movie! I pick C. Love the bunny slippers.

Life As I Know It Now said...

It's a toss up between A and B. I know that is just really helpful of me isn't it ;)

Lockwood said...

I love that line, "You'll rue the day!" I don't think I've ever heard it used except by cartoonish bad guys. If my mom had ever used it in admonishing me not to do something, I would have laughed in her face. Which would have caused serious trouble, but I wouldn't have been able to stop myself.

Don Snabulus said...

When you get to a certain age, you actually do rue some days. I am ruing one right now in fact.

Ubermilf said...

"Stop touching yourself"

Arkonbey said...

"Do you still run?"

"only when chased"

I'd vote for E

But, thanks for reminding me of a good movie that I need to watch again.