Monday, November 26, 2007

And he, he himself, the Grinch, carved the roast beast.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Me - I had a ton of fun playing RPGs with Swinebread and Overdroid. One character mostly insane and the other sacrificed to save the world. Woohoo!

I saw a couple of flicks and thoroughly enjoyed both despite the fact they were worlds apart. "The Mist" was a brave horror film on a lot of levels as it had a LOT of talking and character development but what really sets it apart from current big stream horror was a cynical, kick you squarely in the nuts ending that echoed "The Illustrated Man" from years ago.

But the film I absolutely LOVED was "Enchanted." I'm serious. The thing has a strong "Princess Bride" vibe to it with lots of plays on Disney storytelling and faerie tales. Very funny, happy movie that's a lot better than the trailers make it look.

I don't know about you but I'm turkey'ed out. Bring on the Christmas Roast Beast!

Wormer.

7 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

We'll have to check out Enchanted. Say, do you think Miskatonic University passed the Ducks in the rankings?

Overdroid said...

Go Fighting Cephalopods!

Dean Wormer said...

Not only Miskatonic, but Appalachian State and even the lowly Beavers
now look better than the ducks.

(I love how you tied all the elements of the post into one.)

Don Snabulus said...

>:)

Overdroid said...

I just lost a point of sanity.

Swinebread said...

The RPG playing was fun. I loved the fact that it was dean's characters that went crazy and died. (and not mine)

Dean Wormer said...

My favorite part is that you "volunteered" me for stuff just because I was a shy, bald engineer/ mechanic.

You academic types are so pushy!